Greetings, fellow travelers! (From my cat, Playbill, AND me!)
I’m leaving in a couple of hours for Reykjavik! FINALLY! OMG. I never thought this day would end. I have my reservation at the Blue Lagoon already made for after I land tomorrow (with transportation from the airport and to my accommodation after!) and then I’m doing a tour of the Golden Circle on Friday which I’ve also already booked.
I’m thinking I’ll spend the rest of my time walking around Reykjavik, going to the cat cafe, and possibly a Puffin sighting tour. I’m also really excited to try a bunch of the vegan restaurants that I’ve read about online and on YouTube.
But what did I pack for basically a four-day trip? Well, I feel like I overpacked but everything fit into my backpack so that was a relief.
Here’s what I packed:
- Flannel shirt
- Long sleeve black shirt
- Black tank top
- Sleeping pants/long sleeve top
- Water-proof pants
- Bathing suit
- A towel
- Patagonia puff nano jacket
- Patagonia windbreaker/rain jacket
- A tote
- Travel Journal
- A book to read, “YOU Are a Bad Ass at Making Money” by Jen Sincero
- My Lonely Planet pocket guide to Reykjavik
- Power brick
- Mini-camera tripod (let’s hope I remember to take it with me this time!)
- Charger burrito (holds all of my chargers!)
- Two sets of earbuds
- Reusable coffee cup with FourSigmatic coffee packets
- SWELL Water bottle (not pictured)
- Scarf with a secret pocket
- Protein bars & other snacks
- Plug adapter
When I look at these lists, I always feel like that’s SO MUCH STUFF, but it’s all pretty compact, I guess. At least I’m not taking a full-size suitcase for 4 days!
Let me know if you have any last minute recommendations for Iceland and I’ll see you when I get back!